42nd AKBC-KABC Joint Meeting – 28 October 2021
The annual AKBC-KABC Joint Meeting is the premier event on the Australia-Korea trade and investment calendar and is widely considered as the must-attend event by senior executives working in the Australia-Korea relationship. The Joint Meeting is open exclusively to members of the AKBC and KABC with Australian companies to register through the AKBC and Korean companies to register through the KABC.
View our event website hereClick here to see our event website and more information on the Australia-Korea Business Month
Joint Meeting Date and Format
The 42nd Australia-Korea Business Council (AKBC)/Korea-Australia Business Council (KABC) Joint Meeting will be held on Thursday 28 October 2021. Australian-based participations are invited to attend virtually. Given the recent increase in COVID-19 cases in Korea, a decision relating to the format of the Joint Meeting in Korea is expected to be made next week. The AKBC will also host invite-only dinners the night prior to the Joint Meeting, in select locations across Australia aligning with current COVID-19 restrictions.
The Joint Meeting will commence at 3.30PM AEDT / 1.30PM KST and conclude at 7.30PM AEDT / 5.30PM KST.
In the lead up to the Joint Meeting, the AKBC will host a series of virtual events throughout the month of the October, to shine a light on key opportunities that exist in the Australia-Korea bilateral relationship. The series of events will conclude with the marquee event, the 42nd AKBC-KABC Joint Meeting on Thursday 28 October. The annual AKBC-KABC Joint Meeting is the premier event on the Australia-Korea trade and investment calendar and is widely considered as the must-attend event by senior executives working in the Australia-Korea relationship.
The events that will comprise “October-Australia-Korea Business Month” include:
- 2021 Australia-Korea New Energy Forum, hosted in collaboration with the Korean Embassy – Tuesday 5 October
- Korean Cultural Training (max 15 participants, fee of $250 + GST PP) – Tuesday 12 October
- Briefing with Angus Taylor, Minster for Energy, and Emissions Reduction – Thursday 14 October
- Briefing with Australian Ambassador to the Republic of Korea, H.E Catherine Raper – Monday 18 October
- In-person dinners in selected states/territories – Wednesday 27 October
- 42nd AKBC-KABC Joint Meeting (Australian participants – virtual attendance / Korean participants – in-person) – Thursday 28 October
Contact us for sponsorship opportunitiesCONTACT NOW
We look forward to welcoming you to the AKBC-KABC Joint Meeting.
Australia Korea Business Council
PO Box 24430
Melbourne, Vic 3001 Australia
Liz Griffin – Executive Director
The Australia-Korea Business Council is the leading national body committed to strengthening the Australia-Korea economic relationship.