2017 AKBC/KABC Joint Meeting “Creating a New Era of Growth: Stronger Together”
The 2017 AKBC-KABC Joint Meeting was held fro 12 to 14 November, 2017 in Brisbane.
The Joint Meeting has a proud 37-year history and is considered the premier business event in the Australia-Korea corridor.
The Australian delegation was led by the AKBC Chairman, Hon Mark Vaile AO and the Korean delegation was led by Kwon Oh Joon, the Chairman of the Korea-Australia Business Council and POSCO, Australia’s single largest customer. As Korea is Australia’s fourth largest trading partner, and arguably one of Australia’s important allies strategically, the Joint Meeting attracted delegates at the most senior level.
The Joint Meeting is the most efficient and effective platform for the who’s who of AU-KR business to network, get informed, be heard and do deals.
The Joint Meeting was themed ‘Creating a New Era of Growth: Stronger Together’ and focused on both the evolving and new emerging opportunities in the Australia-Korea corridor. The official functions included:
- Welcome Gala Dinner (Monday 13 November)
- Australian Delegation breakfast, with a briefing by the Australian Ambassador to Korea HE James Choi (Tuesday 14 November)
- 38th Joint Meeting (Tuesday 14 November).
Unofficial functions included:
- Australia/Korea Golf Day, at Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Club, incl a short game lesson by Adam Scott’s short game coach (Sunday 12 November)
- Future Leaders Roundtable (Monday 13 November)
- Korean Corporate Cultural Intelligence Workshop (Monday 13 November)
- Site Visit to the Start Up Precinct in Fortitude Valley (Monday 13 November)
Photos from the event can be found here: http://akbc.com.au/events/2017-joint-meeting/
AKBC welcomes new members from both the Australian and Korean business community.Join now
AKBC runs events on a regular basis to keep members informed about the latest developments in Australia-Korea trade and investment.See events
AKBC issues a monthly newsletter about the latest trends and developments in the Australia-Korea relationship. Sign up to our free e-newsletter by entering your email below.
Australia Korea Business Council
PO Box 24430
Melbourne, Vic 3001 Australia
Liz Griffin – Executive Director
The Australia-Korea Business Council is the leading national body committed to strengthening the Australia-Korea economic relationship.